Tuesday 11 July 2017

Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (hypermobility) - Hip Displacement

Well, today has been a miserable day. The pain I have with my hips dislocating is through the roof.  I can't even sleep without it occupying my dreams and when I finally do wake up, I can't move for ages as I'm paralysed with the pain.

So it goes without saying, I have had better days! I called the doctor and he's prescribed more pain relief, and physiotherapy.  He said I may realistically have to consider the possibility of wearing a brace.

So. what do I do on bad days like this? I try to count my blessings and remember I'm not alone; I have fabulous support from family and friends. Also, the type of EDS I have is complicated because it affects almost all of my body, including organs, skin etc etc but its not generally life-threatening.

I try to quieten my mind, relax and keep focusing on everything good in my life.

Take care everyone.  No matter how hard things are, somebody loves you, and there's always a way forward; even if (like me) you have an incurable and progressive disease.

When you have some beauty in your life, nothing is insurmountable.

Now, look at this gorgeous boy and smile. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disabled Cumbrian woman falls victim to £2,000 online van scam | News & Star

Disabled Cumbrian woman falls victim to £2,000 online van scam | News & Star